Prior to beginning work on this assignment review Chapters 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 15 of Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach.
Select two of the case studies located in the course textbook at the end of Chapters 7, 8, 9, or 10, and answer the questions associated with those case studies in a cohesive, APA-formatted paper.
- How are patients prioritized for bed assignment?
- Describe some of the advantages and disadvantages of this new software; include the stated organizational goals in your answer.
- Discuss how this software might share data with other institutional applications to provide a dashboard view of census-type activity.
- Which components are critical to Mrs. Smith staying safely in her home?
- Describe whether Mrs. Smith’s regimen might be augmented using telehealth applications.
- Should you introduce the clinicians to standardize terminologies and involve them in the discussions about electronic health records (EHRs) before contacting potential software vendors? Or should you contact landers, select the best software, and tell the clinicians what you selected?
- What steps would you need to complete before reporting to the board of directors?
- What strategies will likely increase your chances of success? What strategies will increase your chances of failure?
- Describe the approaches you would use to ensure that all aspects of patient care were considered when developing a clinical decision support (CDS) system.
- How would you prioritize the efforts of your CDS team?
- How would you balance the need to deliver desired CDS capabilities quickly against the benefits of establishing robust infrastructure to enable future deliverables to be implemented more quickly?
- Identify one area for quality and value improvement.
- Define CDS interventions that you would implement to address this area of need.
- Describe how your approach aligns with the best practices discussed in this chapter.
- How would you systematically measure the impact of these CDS interventions?
The Week 2 Case Studies Papers
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource for each case study.
- Must include a separate title page for each case study with the following:
- Title of paper including the chapter number and case study title
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Nelson, R. & Staggers. N. (2018). Health informatics: an interprofessional approach (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://redshelf.com
- Chapter 5: Technical Infrastructure to Support Healthcare
- Chapter 7: Administrative Applications Supporting Healthcare Delivery
- Chapter 8: Telehealth and Applications for Delivering Care at a Distance
- Chapter 9: Home Health and Related Community-Based Systems
- Chapter 10: Clinical Decision Support Systems in Healthcare
- Chapter 11: Public Health Informatics
- Chapter 15: mHealth: The Intersection of Mobile Technology and Health