This assignment helps you develop the skills to master the following course competencies:
- Develop innovative and sustainable solutions to strategic and global operations management challenges.
- Apply theories, models, and practices of global operations management to address business problems.
- Integrate operations management analyses into general business management planning and decision-making.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
In this assignment, you will submit your final operations improvement plan (OIP). Your final OIP should be divided into five basic components:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Process Identification.
- Process Improvement.
- Defining the Problem Statement.
- Measurement Strategy.
- Data Collection and Evaluation Tools.
You have developed each of these components as individual assignments and you have updated them as your OIP has developed. Take into consideration all of the research and groundwork you have completed thus far. Incorporate feedback from previous assignments as well as the tools, techniques, and methodologies you have examined throughout the course. Finalize your comprehensive OIP as if you were to present it as a formal recommendation to the organizational leaders of the Toyota Motor Corporation. Focus your writing appropriately for that audience.
Your final OIP should include the following elements:
- A problem statement, including an overview of the Toyota recall crisis, with a brief history and description of the situation.
- A description of the key challenge or problem you have chosen to address in Toyota’s organizational processes, and an analysis of its organizational impact, based on theories and models of global operations management.
- An executive summary of the collected and processed data (actual data, if possible, or assumed data, if necessary).
- A cost-benefit analysis based on your data.
- A description of your innovative and sustainable solution that reflects strategic global operations management concepts and practices.
- Your recommendations for supporting the improvement of the selected process, based on practices of global operations management.
- An explanation of the data or findings that validates your recommendations.
- The visuals, diagrams, and flowcharts you have developed to support and integrate your analysis into general business management planning and decision-making processes.
- A conclusion.
- A comprehensive reference list.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Resources: Minimum of 4 sources required.
- Length of paper: 5–10 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.