Monitoring Your Program or Policy
With your action plan already in place, the next step is to analyze whether your intervention provides solutions to the problems you seek to solve. Continuing with the Fictionland scenario, this week you will prepare a presentation that describes how you will monitor your program or policy and discusses your research design plan.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 7–10 slides, highlighting your process evaluation strategy for monitoring the implementation of your program or policy.
Outline your process evaluation strategy by deciding how you will monitor the following dimensions of your program or policy:
- Program staff or individuals responsible for implementing the program or policy
- Demonstrate how the monitoring plan will evaluate the intervention’s impact, performance, and efficiency.
You must come up with at least two questions per dimension that will allow you to measure whether the critical elements of the program or policy have been implemented properly.
Specify the Research Design
Specify the design of your program or policy to analyze whether it provides solutions to the problems presented in the project scenario for the Fictionland Police Department. Be sure to complete all assigned readings for the week, including the pdf documents. Include the answers to the following questions in your report:
- Among the many possible design approaches, which design will you employ?
- Why do you consider this to be the best design for your study?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the approach you have selected?
- Are there any potential complicating factors that you can anticipate?