To reward you for all of your hard work, I am going to make Forum 7 easy. Answer any or all of the questions below (enough to reach the required word count, please). Your responses should be strictly your own words. Please do not use sources.
- Why is using good grammar important? Do you believe your grammar has improved during this course?
- What are some tips that you learned from the Grammar Review handout that you did not know before taking this course?
- Do you now feel more comfortable with comma usage? What did you learn about commas that you did not know before taking this course?
- Why it is sometimes necessary to use library sources and documentation in your writing? How can you tell the difference between good and bad sources?
- Discuss paraphrasing vs. plagiarizing. What is the difference?
- How will you avoid plagiarizing in future courses?
- What are some things you learned about MLA style? Are you comfortable using MLA now? Why or why not?
- What did you learn from your graded essay feedback?
- What did learn from using our library?
- Do you feel like you are ready for English 102 or any other future courses that involve writing? Why or why not?
The grading rubric for this forum is attached below. Please understand that no single rubric can cover every issue. Your instructor will adjust the scores on the rubric and elaborate on the categories as needed. (For example, additional points might be deducted if you do not respond to those who have responded to your initial post.) Read your instructor’s comments very carefully for clarification regarding each deduction. Click on “View Full Description” to be sure you have met all other forum requirements.