University of Memphis
Week #3: The Rhetorical Analysis/Logical Fallacies
This unit will:
- Further introduce critical reading strategies.
- Introduce logical fallacies often found in arguments
- Begin the Drafting Process to fulfill the Rhetorical Analysis Essay Assignment
You may start the unit at any time, but you must have all tasks completed by Sunday at 11:59 pm.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
I suggest that you print the Weekly Overview and check off the tasks as you complete them to help you stay on track throughout the week.
- Read the textbook articles as directed by the Assignment Calendar:
- “The Education of Dasmine Cathey” pp. 143-162
- “Memphis Burning” 183-201
- “Blacks in Memphis Lose Decades of Economic Gains” pp. 163-169
- “Reflecting on ENGL 1020” and “Rhetorical Analysis” pp 468-472
- Watch the “Logical Fallacies Video.”
- Read the “Logical Fallacy Discussion Post Assignment” in Week #3. Post by Thursday, and respond by Sunday at 11:59.
- Choose the essay you will analyze for the Rhetorical Analysis Essay Assignment. You may choose from:
- “The Soul of Memphis” by Jamie Katz, pp. 19-39
- “The Education of Dasmine Cathey” by Brad Wolverton, pp. 143-162
- “Memphis Burning” by Preston Lauterbach, pp. 183-201
- “The Resistance: Memphis Activism Sprouts Everywhere” by Flyer Staff, pp. 83-91
* If you wish to analyze another essay for your assignment, you must email me the title (if it is in our textbook) or a link (if not in the
textbook) by Thursday at 11:59 pm for my approval.
- Begin analyzing the article of your choice for the essay assignment using the “Analysis Worksheet” in Week #3. Then, draft a one-two page straight summary of the article, which is due to the Dropbox by Sunday at 11:59 pm.