Assignment: “Separating the War From the Warrior”
s much as serving in the military can become part of one’s identity, experiences from combat duty can leave lasting impressions and potentially damage one physically, emotionally, and psychologically. When working with active duty military personnel, veterans, and their families, it is important to recognize that experiences in combat can become central and that many of these individuals are unable to separate themselves from their combat experiences.
For this Assignment locate two additional peer reviewed journal articles about combat trauma.
The Assignment (3-4 pages):
- Describe combat trauma and its impact on identity.
- Explain how you, as a social worker, would ensure that you separate the war from the warrior.
- Describe how you would demonstrate these strategies to military personnel.
- Explain why it is important to separate trauma experiences from the individual who experienced them.
- Support your strategies with two scholarly articles. Provide full APA-formatted citations for your references.