https://fivestarsessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/plogo2-300x60.png 0 0 Peter https://fivestarsessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/plogo2-300x60.png Peter2021-04-13 21:29:382021-04-13 21:29:38Week 6 Homework Exercise
Week 6 Homework Exercise
Answer the following questions in 25 to 50 words each, covering material from Ch. 12 of Methods in Behavioral Research:
- A researcher is studying reading rates in
milliseconds per syllable. What scale of measurement—nominal, ordinal,
interval, or ratio—is time in milliseconds? Explain your response.
- Under what circumstances is the median or mode a
better measure of central tendency than the mean? Explain your response.
- True or false: The standard deviation and the
range are sensitive to outliers. Explain your response.
- True or false: The standard deviation can never
be zero. Explain your response.
- Describe the Pearson r correlation coefficient and the type of data with which it is
used. What is the range for Pearson r
- A researcher is investigating the effects of
anxiety on creativity. Individuals with varying levels of anxiety are asked to
complete a measure of creativity. The results show a classic U-shaped
distribution; that is, individuals with moderate levels of anxiety score the
highest on tests of creativity. Individuals with very low or very high levels
of anxiety score much lower on tests of creativity. Would the Pearson r correlation coefficient be a good
statistic to use in this case? Explain your response.
- An experimenter is examining the relationship between age and self-disclosure. A large sample of participants that are 25 to 35 years old and participants that are 65 to 75 years old are compared, and significant differences are found with younger participants disclosing much more than older people. The researcher reports an effect size of .34. What does this mean?
- Under what circumstances is the median or mode a better measure of central tendency than the mean? Explain your response.