This week, you will select your topic of research for the Course Project. You will need to define the chosen topic, provide a brief description of the emergent technology, and provide a plan to help you move forward with your research and organization processes. Use the template below to produce your Team Topic Selection and Proposal. Each team member must submit a copy of the Topic Selection and Team Proposal this week.
This assignment is worth 50 points.
Step 1: Identify your team and team members
Step 2: Identity your topic.
- Provide a paragraph length topic description.
- Defineany terms or technologies as needed.
Step 3: Outline major ethical concerns.
- What are the key ethical concerns circulating your topics?
- What is the relationship between your selected technology and ethics?
- Generate a list of at least three ethical questions.
Step 4: Identify a potential argument.
- Propose a preliminary thesis statementthat makes a value judgment about your selected technology.
Step 5: Identify potential subtopics for investigation.
- List potential subsections or subtopicsthat will help explore your technology and the ethical concerns it engages.
- Provide brief descriptions of potential subtopics.
Step 6: Divide responsibilities.
- Identify which team member will be working on each subtopic for the project.
Step 7: Reflect on your role.
- Individual Reflection: This section should be developed individually for each team member as
part of his or her individual submissions.
- What will your role be?
- What is your topic?
- How does your topic relate to your proposed thesis statement?
- What is your research plan for moving forward?
|Selects appropriate topic and defines key ethical concerns||10|
|Provides a tentative thesis statement and previews areas to be explored||20|
|Provides a detailed team and individual plan for next steps||20|
Don’t forget to submit your assignment.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form