Role of Technology in Business
Learning the terms, acronyms, and technologies of your business is imperative when trying to understand how technology can help your business. In this discussion, we will examine these technologies, terms, and organizational strategies.
The role of the business analyst or systems analyst is to help develop the systems that will solve problems using the business needs or requirements gathered from employees at various levels. As an informed user, you should understand the value that these systems bring to an organization, including staying up-to-date on the latest technologies, and making informed decisions on new and improved technologies so management and the business/systems analysts can understand business needs/requirements.
You will read the closing case “IBM’s Watson”. After reading the case study and completing additional independent research, address the following:
- What is the role of technology in business?
- Provide an example (or examples) of a technology from the glossary being used in business.
Also answer the following questions:
- What are some strategic advantages that technology can provide to a business?
- Provide examples of companies using the same technology, and explain how they use it to gain a competitive advantage.
- Post the URL of the company you use.