1-Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Nonverbal Communication Codes.
Note: There are no “right” answers for this assignment. You decide what you think is going on and fully explain why you think that for every answer. This is practice evaluating nonverbal behavior and suggesting changes to improve communication. The video gives you the basic framework so you can interpret it within another culture rather than your own. You must use the concepts from the grading rubric in your answers. Answers that are less than three sentences will lose points for being too minimal.
2- Review the “Cultural Barriers” activity on the MyCommLab student resource page.
For this assignment, you will interview someone from a different cultural background than your own or select an individual interview from the MyCommLab Cultural Barriers activity.
Compare your cultural experiences with those of the individual you interviewed (or) an individual interviewed in the Cultural Barriers activity.
Create a 5 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation or video that includes the following:
- Personal background of the person interviewed
- Where this person has lived
- Any interesting cultural facts in this person’s history
- Any experiences this person has had adapting to new cultures
- A comparison of your cultural experiences with those of the individual interviewed