Module 04 Written Assignment – Key Concepts Of Confucian Ethics
As you will recall, the concept of Ren, or humanness, is the most important principle in Confucian ethics. This is the idea of treating others with compassion. Ren frames all other virtues (both moral and non-moral).
For this assignment, demonstrate your understanding of Ren and other key concepts of Confucian ethics by choosing one of the following options:
- Write a Poem
- Write lyrics and/or record a Song (may be an original tune or a parody)
- Write a script and/or record a TV or Radio Commercial
- Create a PowerPoint Presentation
- Create a Movie Poster
- Create a Travel Brochure
While you may choose any of the above formats, you must cover some of the basics surrounding Ren. Include a definition of it, examples of Ren in everyday life, why Ren is an important tenet in Confucian ethics, and how does one show Ren towards others?
What you submit to the drop box below will vary depending on which form of expression you choose above. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that what you submit can be easily viewed by an average person using a computer equipped with Internet access and Microsoft Office. Some examples might include:
- Poem: would likely take the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Song: lyrics would likely be done in a Word document.
- Song: audio recording would ideally be in an MP3 format (to ensure that the file is small enough to submit).
- TV/Radio Commercial: script would likely be done in a Word document.
- TV Commercial: video would likely be uploaded to YouTube (or similar) and hyperlink provided in the dropbox.
- Radio Commercial: audio recording would ideally be in an MP3 format (to ensure that the file is small enough to submit).
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as the appropriate file type given the option you chose above. The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: