WEEK 6 Assignment:
Answer these essay questions:
- Read Case 14-2 of the textbook and answer the related questions based on information gleaned in Chapter 14.
- Imagine you and your spouse have outgrown your current home. Your spouse wants to put a modest addition onto your home and do some minor remodeling so the home suits your needs but not all of your money is spent. You want to move to a much larger and more expensive home in a neighborhood that is closer to your job but farther away from your spouse’s. Explain how you would negotiate your positions using all of the different core strategies: surprise, bluff, stacking, screen, fait accompli, and “take it or leave it.” Include the pros and cons of using each strategy, and which, in your opinion, is likely to be the most successfully in this situation, and why. Consider reading Case 14-1 or 14-3 for applications of these concepts.
- Give examples of nonverbal behaviors that may indicate a job candidate is interested in the interview. Give examples that may show lack of interest.
- Read Case 15-2 of the textbook and answer the related questions using information gleaned in Chapter 15.
- Length: 1500 – 1750 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word count for this assignment.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
M6 Assignment CLO – 5
M6 Assignment UMBO – 1, 2, 4