Question: Distinguish between transactional and transformational leadership. Be sure to give specific examples of each style. Which one do you feel is more effective and why? Follow APA format and citations (250 Words).
To be a leader of people and organizations in today’s dynamic global environment will require one to have capabilities and skills far different from the skills of those who were deemed successful in the 20th century. The new leaders in a new global environment must have the ability to continuously change themselves, without changing their values and virtues. Strong leaders have a sense of self and impact their actions have on all organizational stakeholders.
Leaders will need to possess eight key attributes:
- an ability to develop and convey a vision
- a service/servant orientation
- commitment to risk-taking and continuous innovation
- a global mindset
- comfort and confidence with technology
- competence in systems thinking
- recognition of the importance of ethics and spirituality in the workplace
- a model for lifelong learning
(7) Management Practices That Can Improve Employee Productivity: