Week 3 Learning Team Problems
Complete the following problems as a team: Due on Saturday the 21st
- Assume that you are choosing an investment for your retired parents. What are the advantages and disadvanges of each of the following?
- a bond issued by the federal
- a state or local government,
- or a corporation?
- Which would you recommend for your retired parents? Justify your answer.
- Five years ago, you purchased a $1,000 corporate bond issued by General Electric. The interest rate for the bond was 5%. Comparable bonds are paying 6% today.
- What is the approximate dollar price for which you could sell your General Electric bond?
- In your own words, describe why your bond decreased in value.
- Sidney took a $200 cash advance by using checks linked to her credit card account. The bank charges a 2% cash advance fee on the amount borrowed and offers no grace period on cash advances. Sidney paid the balance in full when the bill arrived.
- What was the cash advance fee?
- What was the interest for 1 month at an 18% APR?
- What was the total amount she paid?
- What if she had made the purchase with her credit card and paid off her bill in full promptly?
- Retirees often make a choice between the following: What are the advantages and disadvantages of both.
- 1) taking a lump-sum pension payout and purchasing an annuity (or having the company convert their benefit to an annuity for them) or
- 2) using the lump-sum payout to purchase a portfolio of bonds intended to provide them an income stream. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now