Week 7 Assignment
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
This is a benchmark assignment for the School of Information Technology MST&I Master’s Program students. Store your submission with any grading feedback in your Professional’s Portfolio and use the following tag:
MST&I Tag: MST&I: UMG1
Responses to each question should fully answer and explore the question, may be less than or around 500 words (or whatever word count fully answers each question), and should be supported with scholarly research from your textbook and also often from outside internet sources, excluding wiki sources. Remember that well-written responses do not need to be excessively wordy. Be sure to paraphrase and cite your sources. Refer to APA.
Check Your Understanding (40%):
1. Distinguish between thin and thick consent.
2. You have just been issued a new company blackberry. Are you now obligated to answer work related calls and emails at any time, day or night? Why or why not?
3. Would you use that new Blackberry for personal calls and emails? Why or why not?
4. Discuss the ethical ramifications of recent technological advances.
Exercises (20%) – approx. 350 words
1. Visit the Web site for the LRN corporation at www.lrn.com and answer the following questions:
a. What does the LRN corporation do?
b. What are the five core values of the LRN culture?
c. What is the stated purpose of the LRN-RAND Center for Corporate Ethics, Law and Governance?
Case Study (40%) approx 500 words
Review issues 11, 16, and 19 from Taking Sides. Choose one issue to respond to. Which viewpoint do you side with? Why? Explain. Reference at least two outside resources that further support the viewpoint you side with.