Imagine that you are working on a project to purchase 5,000 electrical generators with an electrical capacity of three (3) kilowatts and will be used by the U.S. Army for battlefield communications systems.
Choose to respond to this scenario from a government or a contractor perspective. If you select government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you select contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting a proposal to the government.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Evaluate the requirements for announcing federal contract awards. Determine how these requirements apply to this scenario.
- Establish the responsibilities of the Contracting Officers Representative (COR) for this contract.
- Evaluate the existing training and certification requirements for CORs in general.
- Create a set of specific requirements for the COR working on the contract for 5,000 electrical generators.
- Assess the importance of safeguarding proprietary information. Propose two (2) ways that proprietary information can be safeguarded in this scenario.
Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the methods for announcing the contract award, notifying, and debriefing the unsuccessful vendors.
- Apply the federal supply schedule to select contract items and review the training requirements for the contracting officer’s representative.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in government acquisition.
- Write clearly and concisely about government acquisition using proper writing mechanics.